Due April 30, 2023
The Association of ICAF_ES Alumni’s mission is to enhance, continue and extend the total learning experience of alumni, students, and faculty. This scholarship fund honors Eisenhower School’s former Commandant, Major General Brown, and his wife Sue, and their commitment to lifelong learning and was established after their tragic death in a plane crash while he was serving as Commandant of ICAF.
The scholarship areas of focus are:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Leadership, and reflect the passion of Major General Brown and Mrs. Brown.
These awards are made possible with donations by the Eisenhower School Spouses’ Club, and proceeds generated from other sources, including the Association’s various fundraising efforts, memberships, and IMart student store proceeds.
Non-renewable, one-time award. Open to High School Senior Children of Life Members of ICAF and Eisenhower School alumni.
Awards are merit-based and awarded in accordance with the Association’s Scholarship Committee’s Policies and Procedures.
All applications are reviewed anonymously by an impartial selection committee. Selection criteria include the following:
- Essay Submission
- Community Involvement
- Leadership Roles
- Academic Achievement
- Work History
- Letters of Recommendation
- Must be a high school senior
- Child of an ICAF or Eisenhower School Alumnus
- Life Membership to the Alumni Association
- sChild applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited/licensed vocational or technical program; or a two or four year college or university for the upcoming school year
- Applicant must be a full-time student
- Home school students must remit documentation commensurate with requirements listed in the application.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Application packets must be postmarked by April 30, 2023. Only mailed submissions will be accepted. Please mail packets to The Association of ICAF-ES Alumni, P.O. Box 5671, Springfield, VA 22150. Incomplete or late submission will not be accepted.
Here is your checklist of everything you need to mail:
- Full completed scholarship application
- Personally written essay explaining why the applicant should be selected for the scholarship. Suggestions for inclusion: community involvement, awards, or other achievements, academic/career goals, etc. DO NOT include your name, school, parents’ rank/job, or other identifiers. Please type the essay in 12 point Times New Roman font and double- spaced on letter-sized paper, with no more than 250 words. Proper grammar will be a consideration in determining the award recipient.
- Three letters of recommendations from non-family members.
- Copies of high school transcripts. (Please do not send originals – items will not be returned to applicant.)
- Copy of SAT/ACT scores (optional)
DISBURSEMENT OF AWARDS
Up to three (3) awards in the amount of $500 each will be distributed.
All applicants will be notified in writing on or before May 31, 2023.
This scholarship award, when combined with other scholarships, should not exceed the cost of tuition, room and board, books, and fees. Remaining funds must be returned to the Association of ICAF-ES Alumni as soon as possible.
Scholarship recipients who accept a full scholarship (to include tuition, room, and board) from another source, or receive an appointment to a military academy or educational institution, must forfeit the scholarship and notify the selection committee no later than September 1, 2023.
QUESTIONS: Please email [email protected]
APPLICATION PACKET CAN BE DOWNLOADED BELOW: